As 2015 comes to a close, think about who you want to be in 2016. If your health is an issue, remember that there is a lot you can do to effect positive change in the new year.
1. Understand that diets don't work. You need to create a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable. Don't fall prey to the onslaught of advertising that will hit the air waves in January. People who begin down those paths will most likely fail by February.
2. Understand that there is no magic pill. ... It's easy to put on weight and hard to take it off. Every day can be a challenge but the rewards are worth it. Considering bariatric surgery? Think again. If you can't take it off the right way, surgery isn't any easier. It's a lot easier to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods than it is to eat a tablespoon of food at a time.
3. Societal pressures are rough. Quite often you unknowingly surround yourself with people who secretly want to sabotage your program. Theyh are called "enablers". Always remember that you are ultimately in control. No one is forcing you to eat badly. You, and only you, put food in your mouth.
4. Your program doesn't have to be extreme. Ease into things gently and set short term goals that you can visualize and achieve. Setting a goal of losing 50 pounds can derail anyone. Take it easy and set goals of 5 pounds at a time. Before you know it the 50 will be realized.
5. Understand your motivations. It doesn't matter if your motivation is to eradicate a health issue or simply look and feel better. There's nothing wrong with being a bit vain and wanting to be able to buy clothes easier or just look better. The end result of that will always be improved health which is the real goal to achieve long term success and live a longer and more productive life.
And, as always, if you need help, the staff at sabotage hearthstone are here to help you in any way we can. Look for some new and fun things we have in store for 2016 and have a safe and healthy New Year.