does salt make you fat
Chicken Fajita Stuffed Roasted Bell Peppers
* 3 red, yellow, orange, or green bell peppers...
* Very small amount of olive oil
* Pinch of low sodium does salt make you fat
* 3 small chicken breasts (about 12 oz cooked)
* 1/4 cup shredded light or low fat cheese
* 4 tsp low-salt fajita mix
* Squeeze of lime
* 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot on high with 4 tablespoons of water for 4 hours. After cooking, shred the chicken. Squeeze half a lime over it and add cilantro. Add the 4 tsp of fajita seasoning. Stir.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, trim off stems, and remove seeds. Place peppers face down on a baking sheet and lightly rub tops of peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12 minutes or until peppers are soft and getting browned.
Scoop the meat mixture into the “cup” of the roasted peppers. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Bake again for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Enjoy eating like a taco or with a fork.
Makes 2 servings